Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Final: 3
Our topic of our presentation was Should Fast Food Restaurants be allowed to market to children? And our claim was NO they should not be allowed to market to children. First we gather information we found a lot. I was in charge of the graph since I was the one that was good at math. So I had to find graphs it was easy at first but when my math teacher told me it had to come from a reliable website that’s when it became a little harder but I was willing to put my best effort in to this project. We had to meet in McDonalds to do the PowerPoint when we were in Thanksgiving break and we kind of finish but when we came back and my teacher checked our work it was all wrong so basically we had to start all over and we were just a week away. Sadly 2 of out group members weren’t collaborating to do their work and to be honest it got me a little mad because at the end I had to type their paragraphs and theirs slide on the PowerPoint. At first I was like I should just let them get in trouble for not doing their part but I realized it was group and we were going to be scored as a group so I had to put my best effort to getting this project done. I came several times to your class room to type and finish the power point and in my opinion Mr. Haymore we were able to finish the end of the power point thanks to you being so kind and letting us print and borrow the computers so you also get credit. Thankfully we were almost done and Tuesday I think I just had to add pictures and the resources which I also did because my group members didn’t wanted to meet well we did but we didn’t have a computer so I decided to finish it. We had to rehearse on Tuesday but we didn’t have our PowerPoint finished so we just said what we had in our flashcards.  I was trying to memorize my part on Wednesday; that’s me leaving everything to the last minute. But on the weekend I had to go buy my clothes because my mom wanted me to look professional and I had to good clothes in my closet so we went and luckily found something. I really didn’t like it but at least I had something to put on. The big day had arrived and I was so nervous like always and I still remember searching up on google tips on how to not be nervous in a presentation. So we came out of school I went running to my house curled my hair and at the same time memorizing my part. It was time for me to leave the house and come to school I was going to meet my mom at school as well. Then 5:15 came and then one of my team members didn’t dress put and forgot her flashcards was so mad because it was obvious she didn’t care but at least she knew some of her information. We said our names and started with the presentation it was about to be my turn and I felt heart pumping 2000 heart beats per minute but I did better than I had thought because they said they liked my graph and it was very good. I was happy and relieved. Today I reserved my score and got a 3.  

     



No comments:

Post a Comment